Monday 24 June 2013

Rude mate *conductor*



Dear Sanda,
  Call it occupational hazard, twist of faith, bad luck or any other thing to relate to a bad beginning of this day.
I boarded a car from my place which was supposed to take me to Nungua for an assignment. The conductor (mate) of the bus told me to wait for some few minutes so we take off., and not to worry once they get five passengers, am good to go.
In my ignorance, i sat in the car for an hour and 10 minutes . we had more than 11 passengers seated, but my dear conductor wasn’t ready to move and call his driver.
I was in a hurry , i didn’t want to get to my assignment place late,too bad for me. I also received a call from the reporter with whom i was to attend the assignment with. She told me the delegation wanted to move and you should have seen how disappointed i was in myself. Sanda, a new intern isn’t supposed to get to an event late.
How do i put a story together if i cant get to a programme early, i was tired of waiting so i had to pick a new car,  a new car.
The new car started moving but i can assure you it was stopping at almost every bus stop, what do you expect? It is a ‘trotro’. You should have seen my disappointed face. For a moment there, i just closed my eyes and prayed “let your will be done” .
As faith will have it , his will was done. I got a call from a senior reporter who i was supposed to go to the programme called again, this time i was to meet the first part of the congregation at Achimota Old station, thank God.
Although i waited for long, the bus finally picked me into the bus with their congregation.

THE JOURNEY TO THE EASTERN REGION
I have plied the route to the Eastern Region which takes me to Brong Ahafo. The difference this time was I was very observant because i had a letter to write, and it must be interesting
You see cars over speeding like they are inanimate, or to say they have other lives. In formula one (a race game) you get into an accident, no matter how bad. You are taken to the hospital and you can continue later if you think you are fully recovered. That is in the fantasy world.
I saw a dog which had been hit by a car, the poor animal was dead. I thought the right thing was to move the remains of the animal from the street, but it was left there for the world to see.
Have I told you about my fear for this big trucks, these trucks scare me to the marrow. Guess it’s because a loved one was involved in that kind of accident so am afraid I will be next.
We got to Doboro where the driver paid his toll fee, that was when i began wondering which percentage of the revenue goes to the government.  Because the money i saw was big.
Since we were passing through Nsawam , i  presumed they were from work.
The car stopped to do what I hated in my life, buying petrol.Sanda i always believe in one preparing himself before he takes off.
We got to the G.C.B at Nsawam, they were.If you think only kids in Accra misbehave, I have news for your village kids do misbehave,I sawkids of about 8-10 standing on the high way in their town demanding for money, No matter how  bad a town looks the kings palace is the nicest .The town was in the morning, one of their own had passed on to the other land, we Ghanaian’s love funerals, so you should have seen them in their costumes. Glamour. People don’t  seem to love their life,I saw people selling on the railways. That is scary, I thought I have seen it all, but dear Sanda, am still a little girl with little experience to life. If you get me, people are really suffering. Well I will have loved to see how the programmed ended, but I was with a senior reporter. The lady has what we can call, a little attitude to teach me, but I was ready to learn, so I did.
I do wish the programme will have a good ending, but I wanted to be there; Pity.      

No comments: